As messengers of the Gospel, the India Rural Evangelical Fellowship (IREF) is dedicated to spreading the love of Jesus Christ. It is our central ministry and a part of our everyday mission in India.
Through our evangelism, IREF focuses on:
- Helping Christians in local churches share the good news of Jesus Christ with others;
- Supporting 250 full-time evangelists in spreading the Gospel; these evangelists often travel miles by foot or bicycle throughout rural villages in India;
- Preparing Christians in India as leaders with ongoing in-service training;
- Reaching more than 400 towns and villages within a 200-mile radius of IREF’s Repalle headquarters;
- Inviting villagers to attend open-air evangelistic meetings and offering Telugu Bibles, inspiring many new congregations throughout India;
- Supporting new churches, which provide a focal point for proclaiming the Gospel and providing a place for believers to meet. These buildings also serve as places of shelter and safety during the severe storms and floods that often hit this part of the country.
Our efforts toward evangelism and education also help to break the cycle of poverty; IREF offers occupational training with no-interest loans for equipment to villagers who struggle to find a stable year-round income when the growing season is as short as four months.
For as little as $2 a day, you can sponsor an evangelist and their families as they work to share the love of Jesus Christ. To support our evangelists in India, click here for more information or to sign up as a sponsor today.
The Latest News from IREF
IREF continues to change lives through its evangelism and education. Click here to read more of our latest news and notes.
You can download the most recent edition of IREF’s newsletter here and learn more about our evangelism and other good works across the world.
See the faces of people whose lives are touched and changed by IREF’s work with evangelism, outreach and education in India. This photo gallery offers a visual glimpse of IREF’s mission and dedication to reaching the people of India.
If you want to stay in tune with IREF’s latest projects, India missions, education in India, news, plans and work across the globe, click here to be added to our email list.