IREF Statement of Faith
If you don’t stand for anything, you’ll fall for everything. We take a stand on God’s word.
At IREF we believe all wisdom, knowledge and direction are found in the Bible.
Even in its humble beginnings, Prasada Rao was willing to trust God for provisions in the face of hardships and poverty. Through it all, God has blessed IREF and provided in ways that can only be described as miraculous.
1. We believe the Holy Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God. The complete revelation of His for the salvation of men, and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and practice. (II Timothy 3:16-17, I Corinthians 2:3, II Peter 1:20-21)
2. We believe in one God, existing as Father, Son and the Holy Spirit, creator of heaven and earth and all that is contained therein. (Matthew 28:19-20; Deuteronomy 6:4; Luke 3:22; John 1:1-4; I Corinthians 8:6; II Corinthians 13:14; John 14:16; I Timothy 3:16)
3. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was indeed both true God and true Man, that He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary and became man to redeem sinful mankind and reveal God the Father, whom no man has seen, except the Son. (Luke 1:35; Philippines 2:7; Galatians 4:4; II Corinthians 5:21; I John 4:2)
4. We believe in the literal, physical suffering and vicarious death of Jesus Christ, and in His resurrection from the dead on the third day according to the scriptures, for the sake of all sinful men and for their redemption. (Isaiah 53:5; Mark 8:31; I Corinthians 15:3; Galatians 1:4; I John 2:2)
5. We believe that Jesus Christ arose from the dead, ascended into heaven and is now at the right hand of God the Father as our mediator, and that He shall come again in all His Glory, together with all His saints, on the last day to establish His eternal Kingdom and thus God shall evermore dwell with His people. (Micah 5:2; Mark 16:19; Matthew 26:64; Ephesians 1:20; Hebrews 1:3-4; I Thessalonians 4:16; Revelation 21:3)
6. We believe that man was created in the image of God, but that through Adam he fell into his present sinful state, and that only through the grace of God, can he be forgiven, cleansed and redeemed by the substitution death of Jesus Christ and receive the gift of eternal life. (Genesis 1:26; Romans 5:14; Ephesians 2:8-10; John 3:16; Romans 3:23-24)
7. We believe in the literal bodily resurrection of all men everywhere, the saved to eternal life and the unsaved to answer in the judgment and be condemned to eternal punishment and everlasting damnation. (Daniel 12:2; Matthew 25:46; John 5:28-29; Revelation 20:4-5)
8. We believe in the person and the work of the Holy Spirit, the third person in the Trinity. Who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment is indwelt in all believers and leads and guides them into all truth in His work of the power of prayer and the Word of God. (Genesis 1:2; Ezekiel 36:27; Matthew 28:19; John 16:8-13; Romans 8:14; Ephesians 4:30)